Much like an assortment of securities to be traded on an exchange like the stock, are exchange-traded funds or ETF. They often monitor some underlying index, even though investments can be made in numerous industries and several ways. One of such ETFs is the Vanguard Total Stock Market ETF or simply called vti stock at https://www.webull.com/quote/nysearca-vti . Including all small, mid-cap, and big companies, this fund gives figures of the investable market in the US in totality.
Significant Facts About The Vanguard Total Stock Market ETF
Here are some important facts and characteristics that everyone must know about the VTI.
- It is issued through Vanguard and receives advisory from the Vanguard Equity Investment Group.
- The vti stock comprises of 3,600 much-diversified stocks.
- The sector comprising most of this ETF is technology.
- It serves as an effective and low-cost path to get frontage to the equity market of the US. This is so mainly because of its expense ratio being low (0.03%) and tracking closely the broader market.
- Moreover, the turnover rate of the fund is also low, 3.4%. This implies that altering holdings of the fund incurs low transaction costs.
Top holdings in The Vanguard Total Stock Market ETF
As mentioned above, the most predominant sector in vti stock is technology. Thus among the top holdings, one would find giants like Microsoft, Apple, Amazon, etc. Here is the latest list of top holdings in the Vanguard Total Stock Market ETF.
- Microsoft Corporation with 4.84% assets and symbol MSFT.
- Apple Inc with 4.16% assets and symbol AAPL.
- com Inc with 3.69% assets and symbol AMZN.
- Facebook Inc A with 1.74% assets and symbol FB.
- Alphabet Inc A with 1.44% assets and symbol GOOGL.
- Johnson & Johnson with 1.40% assets and symbol JNJ.
- Alphabet Inc Class C with 1.38% assets and symbol GOOG.
- Berkshire Hathaway Inc Class B with 1.26% assets and symbol BRB.B.
- Visa Inc Class A with 1.08% assets and symbol V.
- Procter & Gamble Co with 1.04% assets and symbol PG.
As stated, the vti stock fund has a small expense ratio and that eases changing the holdings of the fund. Further, this expense ratio is exclusive of any brokerage or commissions fees. Therefore, it is quite feasible for long-term investors to benefit from the fund.
The large expanse of the fund is representative of most of the investable security market in the US. It has got exposure to stocks of small-cap and that is more vulnerable than the holdings of mid- and large-cap. Also, having exposure to the inherent risks of all of the market, it is susceptible to significant impacts if there is a decline in the whole economy of the country. If you want to know more stock information like rad stock, you can visit at https://www.webull.com/quote/nyse-rad .